José María Morán
He is a Doctor of Jurisprudence and Lawyer of the Courts of the Republic from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, as well as a Bachelor of Legal and Social Sciences, a degree which he obtained in 2000.
Through the Carolina Foundation Opposition and Merits Contest, sponsored by the Ministry of Education of the Kingdom of Spain, he was awarded a full scholarship to obtain a Master's at the Madrid Bar Association, organized by the Francisco de Vitoria University and by the following prestigious Community Law Firms: Clifford Chance, Cuatrecasas, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Garrigues, Gómez Acebo & Pombo, Pérez Llorca; and, Uría & Menéndez. Through this program, he obtained a Master's degree in Business Law in 2004.
From 1999 to date, Dr. Morán is a partner at Santillán Abogados of the city of Quito, being one of its main partners. He is specialized in corporate-business management and, in particular, in alternative conflict resolution through Mediation, Arbitration and Direct Negotiation.
- From 2007 to 2014, he has been a professor of International Economic Law and International Negotiation at the Faculty of Human Sciences and International Relations of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador.
- From 2014 to October 2017, Dr. Morán also served as the Seventeenth Substitute Notary of the Canton of Quito, after being qualified by the Council of the Judiciary.
- From 2017 to 2019, he served as Counselor of the Embassy of Ecuador to the Kingdom of Spain.
- From 1999 to the present, Dr. Morán has worked for Santillán Abogados from the city of Quito.
In June 2011, in the city of Cambridge, Massachusetts - USA, he attended the Negotiation Workshop at Harvard University, called “Theory and Tools of the Harvard Conflict Management Inc. Negotiation Project,” organized by the CMI International Group. “Theory and Tools of the Harvard Conflict Management Inc. Negotiation Project”, organized by the CMI International Group.
Mr. Morán has taught numerous courses on negotiation, business law, and legal issues for a long list of universities and public institutions in Ecuador, and has published many articles on legal matters, namely on the issues of misleading addvertising, El doctor Morán ha impartido varios cursos sobre negociación, normativa empresarial y aspectos legales, para distintas universidades e instituciones públicas y privadas de reconocido prestigio en el Ecuador, a la vez que tiene publicados numerosos artículos sobre temática legal, destacando entre otros, aquellos referentes a: Publicidad EngañosaFirst Demand Guarantee, Syndicated Loan, Consumer Rights, and Internet Advertising Regulation.
Areas of experience
- Labor Law
- Economic Law
- International Economic Law.
- Corporate law.
- International negotiation.
- Native Spanish.
- Juris Doctor, 2000
- Master's degree, 2004
- Negotiation Workshop, USA 2011 Master's degree, 2004